Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? (no offense). Here are questions for the people who are a little older. Copy and paste into your own note, then answer the questions. Finally, tag your friends including me, please!
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I hate the DWP bill the most, because so much of it goes to water the enormous lawn. You know, the mass of green grass in the middle of the desert. For style’s sake.
2. Do you miss being a child?
Tons. Voltron was awesome.
3. Chore you hate the most?
Any kind of cleaning that doesn’t take place in the kitchen is like being shanked with an unsharpened prison toothbrush.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
On my proposal night! It worked, too — she said yes!
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I would’ve played team sports starting much earlier. Not that I’m good at sports, but it builds character. And I’m not enough of a character.
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Boyle? No, that was second grade. I actually don’t remember!
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
I want pie. Or coconut cake. Mmm, dessert.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
An architect. I always liked answering the question “how do you fit all that in such a small place?”
9. How many colleges did you attend?
I went to Pomona College, which is affiliated with 4 other colleges and a graduate school of theology that are all next door. I took classes at 3 of those other colleges, which you can count either as one college or as 3. Also I took 2 summer school classes at UCLA one year. So, depending on how you count, either 1, 2, or 6.
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
I like being the only one in the ‘hood with Portuguese on my shirt!
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Too many externalities in that market.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Today: yay Saturday, no alarm! Yesterday: quick quick gym gym.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
How did it get so late?
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I’ll take them all!
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
I was a very bad teenage driver.
16. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
Yes, boredom is the enemy.
17. Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early! The gym is not so busy at 6am. And a ton seems to happen when the day starts that early.
18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
First, this question should be “who.” Second, I feel a lot like Brain lately.
20. When did you first start feeling old?
When I realized that the character of Bones on the TV show Bones is younger than me.
21. Favorite lunch meat?
22. What do you get every time you go into Walmart?
Haven’t been in a decade.
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Nah, I think it’s gonna be awesome!
24. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
I don’t want you to find out about it either!
25. What’s your favorite drink?
Nice, peaty Scotch.
26. Who[m] from high school would you like to run in to?
Paul Harnik and Serge Blok.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
That one radio station that always plays Pokerface.
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Well, every good mistake you learn something from. I wouldn’t trade those lessons for anything.
30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
I work from home, or, at my big current client, in an office that faces a wall. No people: just how I like it.
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
You mean to liven up a party?
32. Last book you finished reading?
Some mystery. Reading a lot of mysteries lately.
33. Do you have a teddy bear?
I have a stuffed tiger I’ve had since I was 3 or so.
34. Do you go to church?
35. How old are you?